Nice spring...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 2, 2006.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Not much rain.. beautiful 60-70 degree days. Very little to no double cutting.

Isn't it great!!!

How is it in your neck of the woods?

2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Been raining here all day, and its supose to rain here tomorow to. Lawns will be nice and green next week, lots of mowing to do!

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice here, also. It rains about a 3/4 inch per week (average lately). Tennessee weather is tough to predict. Usually we go straight from winter to summer - 55 degrees one day & 80 the next. The fescue is growing FAST - $$$.

In April of 2002, I was in D.C. for a week of vacation and it was 90+ degrees, Everyday. ;) :usflag:

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah the lawns are even looking a tad dry (some of them). But I'm not fool enough to wish for rain, not in early May :laugh:

Lawns are nice and manageable :)

5. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

First we were in a drought and the yards were starting to burn. In the last 10 days we have gotten 4 inches in some spots with more on the way. There doesnt seem to be a happy medium.

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

PGA, Where are ya?:usflag:

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Tom,
    Matt and I were just commenting about this yesterday. So far it has been a good spring, we are fortunate we are in an area that is getting some rain.... but we would like to see a little more come our way. As for the cutting, it has been exceptionally easy compared to other springs.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Spring has been pretty great here too but within the past few days we have been catchin up on rain. Wouldnt be a problem but this is prime time for spraying. Lots of money to be made but I sure can't spray in the rain. I dont have TGCL written on my truck!!!

9. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Kansas City area.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Easiest Spring I can remember...little or no double cutting. Rf likes that alot:clapping: