Nice tight sod installation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sheshovel, Aug 9, 2006.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

This is not my job but it's a good example of what I mean when I advise some of you about laying sod.

2. sheshovel

What I mean is . Notice how tight the seams are?

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

That sod has already been mowed once, its been in place for over a week given time for the seams to dissapear. No freshly laid sod looks like that.

If you don't believe me, look at the two dead spots were the sod didn't take root.

All that said, you can lay sod nicely, with tucked seams, that looks a lot better than a lot of the stuff I've seen on this site.

4. sheshovel

That's what I like to see.

5. sheshovel

It's not my work Dirty, I just took pics there because of the cool waterfall below this , and I wanted to show the guys just starting out an example of a good sod installment. That's why I posted it.

6. sheshovel

7. sheshovel

Heres a bullet edge.

8. sheshovel

9. sheshovel

I posted the waterfall pics in the Water Garden & Pond forum. It is right below this lawn. Check it out.

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

that is NOT just layed sod....
    as Dirty Water said... it has been mowed.. so it has been down at least 3 weeks....
    if you are going to post pics as an example please make sure they are actually what you are trying to make an example of.