niche lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Oct 10, 2007.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Do you know of any metal that has NO potential of corrosion under any circumstances? I would like to see that.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

What about GOLD?

Warmer dryer climates will allow Aluminum to last longer, places like TX, AZ, NV, and other dryer areas have great success with Aluminum but it still isnt a life time material. The main reason anyone uses aluminum is price, not because it is better than brass or copper.

3. NightScenes

You're right!! If we want a fixture that has no chance of corrosion, let's get those gold ones. I wonder what those prices would come out to?

4. JoeyD

LOL..........ummmmmmmmmmm, lets look at it another way......How much money would you make if you could sell them and found someone willing to buy them?????????? Can you say Saudi Arabia!!!

5. NightScenes

You think I can get them through Unique? I'm thinking Teka. Nevermind, their already priced like gold.

6. JoeyD

7. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Brass, copper, bronze and stainless steel are all impervious to the elements. If you've ever experienced rusting of these metals it's because they were mixed improperly with a percentage of ferrous metals which do rust. I'm not a metalurgist i just play one on Lawnsite.

8. NightScenes

Impervious? I have seen all of these metals pitted with corrosion. Not what I would call damaged, just pitted. This is corrosion however and will get worse. I don't even play like a metallurgist, even on lawnsite.

9. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

prove it. You are bluffing

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Guess what... there is a gold fixture out there. I "invented" it about 3 or 4 years ago and to my knowledge have been the only person ever to sell them. The "Soleckiliter" from Nightscaping is an 18K Gold pathlight fixture that I have installed on a couple of occassions for my very best clients as a gift fixture. It is a truly remarkable item.

My wife enjoys the one I installed for her in our garden... it has never lost its lustre.

Have a great day.