Niche services

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by B & A Lawn Care, Jan 2, 2008.

1. B & A Lawn Care

B & A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What are the services that you have discovered that you do or know someone who does, that most lawn company's don't do. It could also be outside of the lawn industry but, in a similiar field.

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Spraying compost teas and doing organic lawn care
    OK that was a shameless plug for the organic lawn forum on here

3. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not ashamed to say that I do a fair amount of moss control on roof tops !
    This year during the drought I was able to expand that biz quite a lot, as well as a new endeavor of landscape lighting (that I tried out on my own yard 1st!)

I discovered I had all the stuff I needed a few years ago : the nerve :cry: , the safety equipment ( I've had a rock-climbing itch from way back...), and of course all the hand tanks, etc. that I'd need to apply the stuff.

I just hooked up with a fellow at Sherwin-Williams for the products, and I was in business.

...but my wife hates it when I talk about the roofs I sometimes work on! :dizzy:

My philosophy is to try to learn something new in the industry every winter, and summer too, if it's like last summer!

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Hedge and palm trimming. For some reason people around here can't get anybody to do it.

My rate is about $125/hour :cool2: :weightlifter:

5. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

May sound silly, but i do a lot of gutter cleaning. Relatively simple, no mechanical equipment. Charge by the hour or the job.

6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Deer Fencing

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Never thought of that one - Great idea!

Do you advertise? How do you market it?

8. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

Marcos;

Can you give me some information or a web site about the moss control products?

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I have found Mole Control to be my favorite added service right behind Perimeter Pest Control.

Mole control is great $$$$ and it is nice to do it for a change of the everyday thing.

Use Talparid!

10. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

You replied, and two people PM'ed me with the same question !

Go to jomaps.com

The product I use is M1 Roof Cleaner Concentrate, and Sherwin-Williams special orders it for me.

( I have also used what they keep on their shelf- M1 House Wash Concentrate- but I didn't like it near as much)