1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURFLORD, Aug 13, 2005.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Please submit your best nicknames and play on words for services and actions. Such as, Mowron ( moron ). Scalp and skip(don't wanna trim next week). Mow,blow,and go(to hot for anything else). Stop and chop(for grass that hasn't been cut in 6 months), etc. And don't corrupt the thread by saying I'm lazy and need to be more professional, I do good work.
  2. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

Not exactly the same, but we called one guy the Curbinater for the way he ran mowers offa curbs..
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Captain Butch.
  4. Mope Head

Mope Head LawnSite Member

You're just lazy and need to be more professional. :D

Actually, my crew used to name the tools we had. I'm trying to think of them, we had a lot. I do remember the "Cindy Loppers" and the "Sorry Bastard File".
  5. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

dont have nicknames for things we do but i have nicknames for clients we have. real names are too hard to remember. :dizzy:
    for example.....
    Dilbert....looks and talks like the guy from office space that was based on the dilbert comic strips.
    Psycho bi tch...psychologist that is very weird
    lesbo....name says it all :rolleyes:
  6. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

We had a John Deer 48" WB that we called Hoppy as it was Green and the controls were really sensitive; whenever you had the levers squeezed in (stopped) released them both to go straight forward or one side or the other to turn, it would Hop real bad... A couple of guys wrecked it a few times..

Also, We had a Bunton that the blade belts caught on fire under the deck ( i dunno how), they called it the Bunton Burner after that...
  7. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

We had several of those too...

We had the ""Obstacle Course over in Glassgow"", one with like 30 yard ornaments and the ""Mine Field"" they had like 5 or 6 large dogs and never heard of a pooper scooper... Was NASSTY!!!! You would see stuff smashed in the treads of the tires and your shoes... It was foul...
  8. Mope Head

Mope Head LawnSite Member

LOL Bunton Burner. Nice one.

How about customers who mispronounce things? I had a guy that called his Bermuda "Permoody Grass".
    And a lady who's car had "Rack and Penguin" steering.
  9. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

We dropped off a 48" ZTR for some repairs and when we picked it up the guy asked why we drove a faggot mower. He said he had to hold his legs so close together while driving that he felt like a faggot. (???) So now we call it riding the Faggot.
  10. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

We call our end-of-season cutdown and cleanup "chop and drop".