1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nicolock Mini Colonial wall

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cedarcroft, Mar 8, 2006.

1. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I am building a small planter wall about 45' long and 18" high along a fence. The product I am using is the Nicolock mini colonial wall stone. there are 3 different peices that make up the set. My question is when I have to make a sharp turn but not 90 degrees do I need to cut the blocks or is there another way to get a rounded, but sharp curve? Anyone know?
  2. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure of the wall block you're speaking of but most units have tabs on the back you can break off to make them curve. Not sure how tight of a radius you're talking but there are limitations as to how tight you can go
  3. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I did it. I had to cut one block on each course to get the radius I was looking for. Not too bad. came out nice. the only thing I am worried about is the Caps. I will have to cut a cap and it has to be perfect, so I am a little gunshy on that. I am doing it monday when I go back to do another small wall for the customer.