1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nicolock's Radio jingle

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

"Let Nicolock Pavers, Pave The Way...."

Really? This is what they came up with? It's PATHETIC. No creativity. It's NOT catchy. It doesn't stick in your head. My chocolate lab could have done better.

A counter top company in our area has a catchy radio ad jingle: "Topline, Topline Countertops, give your kitchen...definition" It's catchy and it sticks in your head.

but "pave the way"? wow, did the owner think of that on the fly as he was on his way to meet with the advertising rep?
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Thats why i use cambridge paving stones with armortec, they always look like newwwwwwww
  3. DVS Hardscaper

And the word "pave". It's a poor word for Nicolock to use. The word "pave" belongs to the asphalt industry. When the average person hears the word "pave" the think of blacktop. Nicolock needs to THINK.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

radio seems like a weird fit anyhow. I get they're trying to raise brand awareness but still.
  5. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

You are talking about it. Looks like they did their job...

I have not heard it but I agree radio seems like a weird fit.
  6. DVS Hardscaper

Your mentality is mistaken, tom.

I work in the hardscape industry, so if I'm not aware of their ad (or anyone else's ads), then I don't belong in the industry. If I don't notice a retaining wall as I drive down the interstate, then I don't belong in this industry. A person passionate about their work is always abreast of what's what and who's who. I love creativity and originality. It's sad to see that Nicolock failed in creativity and originality.

I also aware that a local supplier had a radio commercial, where they mention Taco-bloc. This tells me that Techo co-oped payment for the ad. But when they mention the techo products they say "pave the way with Techo-bloc. LOL!! The radio ad sales rep musta heard the Nicolock ad and used their jingle for the supplier/techo co-oped ad!
  7. Captain Armortec

Captain Armortec LawnSite Member

Newwwwww..... Forever! Nothing beats the Cambridge jingle
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

As Mr. G says, the proof is in the paver
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I'm surprised you're wasting so much time fretting over it. I see all sorts of stuff that competitors or suppliers do in advertising that doesn't really seem the best way to do it, or how I'd do it. But I never really focus any of my time fretting over it or criticizing. I'm just too busy working on my own business to really waste any time on that.
  10. DVS Hardscaper

No fretting buddy. Relax. Let's be realistic. Just keeping the forum alive.

Perhaps you fretted over my post? I think YES :)

Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014