1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nieghborhood lawn service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CJIII, Jun 29, 2002.

1. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

hey guys I got a few questions? I would like to do lawn service in the nieghborhood where I stay. but I dont have a truck I was going to get me a part time job and save up for the truck but thats going to take a while. I can walk but I cant push the mower and the other stuff at one time.dont call me crazy on this one. I know I can get a bike trailer and a bike I know that work. I wont to what should I do?

Hey I got one more question. is better for me to get a edger attachment instay of a power edger.? :) :(
  2. dr grass

dr grass Banned

thats how i started out when i was 10. pulling a pushmower i found in the garbage with my bicycle. than in the winter id tredge around in the show with a shovel.

i cant answer that last question because i have no idea whan an edger attachment is. sorry

later shep :sleeping:
  3. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

CJIII, didn't you say a while ago that your father was going to help you finance your new business?

I also recall a post where you were planning on going to school soon. How do you expect to get there?

Transport your equipment any way you want to. If you can make a go of it just with customers in biking distance then so be it.

If I were in your shoes I'd get a full time job within biking distance and get some money flowing so I could buy a truck. You'll have a slow start at this time of year anyway, might as well wait until next season to start your business.

You don't need a power edger at all. Just use your string trimmer.

4. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

Ya he was going to get a loan but he change his my for some reason. ya its a part job in distance UPS its a great job but they is not hiring. is 1000 dollars a good price for a truck.
  5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Yeah, its a great price.

Good luck...

6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Is $1000 a good price for a truck?

That all depends on the condition (and type) of truck.

What are you looking at for $1000 bucks?
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

:laugh: LMAO, 65hoss. :laugh:

But hey, we all gotta start somewhere! :)

(picture borrowed from fellow Lawnsite member plymouthvaliant73)
  9. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

That man have the same idea I have. hey bike.

For as the truck I would like a older model s-10 truck or something
  10. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Who is the man in the photo? I doubt he has a computer with internet access. He should receive royalties for the use of his likeness, a lawnsite regular without his knowledge.