Night walk

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by High Performance Lighting, Oct 31, 2006.

1. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

Did a night walk this evening with a client, her architect and landscape designer. Gotta love it when their recommendations result in an additional $10,000 worth of work. It can as easily go against you as well though. Last year I had an architect who embedded all sorts of doubt in client's mind. They had me moving fixtures all over the place and then moving them back to original positions. Install dimmers without ever a neccesity to use them. Zoning and switching micro sections of the yard differently then was originally agreed upon. This architect brought unneccesary expense to his client because of his ineperience with landscape lighting. When all the smoke cleared the client submitted my bills to the architect for re-imbursement. I got paid in full not sure if the architect took the hit or not.

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

gotta love someone else upselling your jobs for ya.

I hear ya on the moving stuff.. We did an install for a guy and his "landscaper" told him it was all wrong and everything needed to be moved. This guy emailed me wanting me to move the bullets out 8 ft from the home and point them at the windows. ( BUZZZZZER) wrong sorry im not doing it.