Nightscaping News

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Feb 27, 2009.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

As some of you may know by now, and many of you will not, Nightscaping is closing its doors today.

It is a long story, with too many details to get into here.

Needless to say, there are a lot of contractors, distributors, Reps., agents, employees and friends in shock.

I will be leading the charge to encourage a lot of Nightscaping Loyal Contractors to join our ranks here at Lawnsite, as a means of continued communication. We are a tight knit group and we need a means of communicating with each other, to help each other find alternative products that will satisfy our needs. It is going to be a trying time for many, especially those who were 100% loyal to the brand.

I hope that everyone who participates in this forum will step up to the plate and help out some very good people who will be looking for lots of advice and guidance about other products they can use in their business. To the other manufacturers represented here, and those who read the forum but do not participate... Please chill.... be patient. I have already seen a couple of emails circulating that are encouraging Nightscaping Contractors to switch over to ABC Brand. I can tell you that such early efforts are largely unappreciated by those who have received them. Let the dust settle a bit... many of us feel like we have just lost a life long friend, to some it is more like a family member.

Have a good day.

2. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

What? Just like THAT and they are closed? No one else is taking over their opperations?

3. djt22

djt22 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Just spoke with a lady at nightscaping and they are closing their doors next week for reorganization and anticipate that to be for only a week. She was preparing an email from the president explaining what is gonna to happen. Hope this helps.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm going to take a wait and see position... I haven't heard anything official yet.

James usually has accurate info, but I'm sort of the "doubting Thomas" type... skeptical by nature.

I believe it was Mark Twain who once said: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. djt22

djt22 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Somebody else give a call and see what they say. May they will post on here what is going on?

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

It is a very complex and difficult situation. Much too complex and, quite frankly, personal in nature to get into here.

Yes that is the latest 'word', as of this morning... However, there are some internal hurdles that must be overcome and quickly... Perhaps Nighscaping will rise out of this situation but it will take some doing.

I am highly doubtful you will see any comment from an Official at the company here, in a public forum. I will keep you all abreast of what I know as it happens, but for now we do know that operations have ceased as of today.

I can only hope that something will change immediately with the Ownership and Management of the business. There is some hope of this happening. Your support for the ongoing business of the company would be appreciated. Pick up the phone and call in, send emails and let them know how important their continued operations are to your business. Nightscaping is owned by a human being after all... Perhaps her decision can be influenced by the support of friends, colleagues and customers.

With fingers crossed....

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

This is terrible news. Some may think that we would relish in hearing news like this but it is sad to see such a large part of the lighting industry fall. Hopefully they find a way to pull out and make it. Our well wishes go out to all the employees and members of the Nightscaping family.

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Excerpted from an email from Bill Locklin's widow, La Vesta Locklin.

I hope she doesn't mind my sharing it here:

"....I want to let all of you know the truth behind the rumors floating out there. Nightscaping is sending our employees home for a few days on 2-27-09 while we regroup. Due to the economic conditions right now, we have exhausted our working capital. We have not closed Nightscaping, and we will be answering our phone every work day. Right now and in the next few days there are Nightscaping supporters out there who are organizing investors to provide enough working capital to get us moving again. There are also several lighting companies who are interested in the company, who appear to be interested in adding a division to their company. However, my preference is to keep the business going as is, with new resources....

....We are extremely optimistic about the loyal people all over this country and beyond, who are so fiercely loyal to Nightscaping. There are hundreds of families dependent on our success, and I am committed to working on this to a successful solution. Please don't let the rumors destroy your involvement with us. I will keep you informed, and hopefully in just a few days you will hear from me again. NIGHTSCAPING WILL LIVE ON!!!"

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Certainly hopeful words. I too received the email from LaVesta and it is an encouraging change of tune from the information I received only 24 hours ago.

Perhaps there will be some sugar to put in my lemonade after all.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Perhaps this thread was started pre-maturely... for this I apologize.

Stay tuned.

Down, but most certainly not out!