Nigthscaping Analog or Digital Timers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by kmconel23, Dec 5, 2013.

1. kmconel23

kmconel23 LawnSite Member

Looking for a distributor that might still have either analog or digital timers in stock. I am in need of a replacement that would go into a Nightscaping H30-1000w Transformer with a photocell. My distributor in Iowa is out and wasn't sure where to find them now that Nightscaping is no long in business. Thanks for the help.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I had the same problem about 2 months ago. I got fed up and just replaced the transformer with a standard MDL type so I could just use a standard astro timer.

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I've put regular Astro timers on Nightscaping transformers by just moving the switch to test mode and using an external timer.

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, that would work to. I have never used the external type, always the internal ones.

5. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

My local distributor, Turf and Garden in Chesapeake, VA, has 2 T-SS-DT timers in stock. Contact Gary at (757) 543-2071

6. LLC RI

LLC RI LawnSite Member

I may have some as well... I'll check and get back to you on here... let me know if you got them or are still looking.

George

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys, this is an easy fix! You can use any timer you want inside a NS Powercenter. Digital, analog, astro... Any make or model will work. I use Aube Ti035 digital astro timers inside with great success. They are robust, relatively low cost, and effective. If you don't have a blank decora style modular bay mounting plate just put the timer inside a single gang device box inside the wiring bay.

The key is knowing which terminals to connect to inside the Powercenter. Just remember that #1 is Line, #2 is Load and #4 is neutral. Use blue crimp on terminals on the timer wires and connect to the power centre terminals. easy.