nilsson boks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Mar 30, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking about purchasing some of phil nilssons books<br>1.pricing your services<br>2.grounds maintenance manual<br>3.the art of selling<p>how good are these books? are they worth the money? please ley me know if i would be gaining anything from these books that i couldnt get from this forum, thank you<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

2. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Empty pockets?

3. smithf36

smithf36 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have purchased the whole set and there is a lot of good info in them. They have helped me a bunch. To me they are worth every penny. I needed some help before I went broke. They helped me get my act together and start making the kind of money I should have been making all along.<br>Joe

4. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

I have the whole set. I use them as a references on a daily basis. I have no regrets about buying all of them. It seems very expensive when you write the check, but in the long run it is worth it. If you can not afford the whole set I would say that the Time Labor Handbook and Grounds Maintenance Contracting are the two must have books out of all of them.

5. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Hey ill pay one of you guys to go copy the books and send them to me ill pay you 5 bucks a book. just joking with ya phil<br>Dingo

6. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

5 bucks!<p>Just go down to your local library and suggest to them how they REALLY need to have these books.<p>Wait two weeks, and bam, available whenever.<p>(just make sure you don't have any overdue books out before hand)

7. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

would they really do that?

8. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

yes they would if enough people bugged them in your town (like you, your wife, mom, dad, sis, grandpa, etc.) LOL :)<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

9. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

A fool and his money soon part. Unless you have money to burn, listen to someone who is making a living in this business and save your money. Even a beginner has more to offer than someone who isn't successful&lt;b&gt; and&lt;/b&gt; working in this business. Even many of the &quot;experts&quot; will give you advice that a newcomer like myself can easily see is not the best advice for all situations.<p><p>&lt;p&gt;John

10. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

I said the library thing kind of jokeingly, but yes, it does work sometimes. If you have a college near you, join their library. They usually have policies where they have to order books for you if you need them as a student, but also order them for other people too.<p>I use to go to my college library and ask for books and say that it was for a paper I was writing. First, they would try to get it from another library, and then would order it if they had too. Worked about 3 times!<p>Local public libraries are a little diff't. They usually need to have a bunch of people request it, but in some cases, if you hassle them enough, they will order it. I did this once, and it worked. <p>So, if you really can't afford the books, try it. You have nothing to lose. <p>However, books are great tools and you will probably want to buy it anyways if you read it.