Nimblewill (Muhlenbergia Schreberi)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CCLS, Mar 17, 2003.

1. CCLS

CCLS LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have searched previous posts on this topic and didn't really find what I was looking for.

Is there any products that can kill out nimblewill without harming the turfgrass (Kentucky Blue)? If so what products? I heard that round-up is the only thing that will get rid of it. I know that with proper turf management practices I can keep this weed from comming back, or minimize the out break again. I have several new customers with extensive nimblewill problems that want the weed gone, and I am looking for the best solution to fix the problem.

2. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

<B>Non-selective herbicide. Period.</B> :waving:

Been there, done that. Unfortunately there is nothing <b><i>selective</i></b> that will touch it. Be sure it is not dormant when you spray it! Hope this helps....

DaleL

3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

DaleL said it right. Round up when it is growing. We have in the past marked the nimblewill areas with lawn paint when it was brown. Waited until it greened up and then sprayed, waited, and reseeded in these areas. The lawn paint just makes it easier to see when it is green to make sure you get it all.

DaleL - where are you at in sw ohio. This is where I am from.

4. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

Kickin,
    Dayton and Springboro area.
    Dale :waving: