nissan fullsize unveiled today

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cclllc, Jan 7, 2003.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

Cute is about all I can say.

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

9400lb towing capacity
    300 HP and 375 lbs/torque

Doesn't seem like the old Nissan trucks. Sure is funny looking, and thats coming from someone who drives an 03 Silverado.

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Unlike Toyota, Nissan seems to have produced something that can run with the big three's half tons. Now they just need to come out with a HD diesel. I wonder if the truck is assembled in Japan or Nissan's plant in Tennessee.

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

It's more than I can say.

6. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I work at nissan an it is being built in Miss. and will be released in Dec.03.Yes they are going to build a diesel very soon.

7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe better than a tundra...but i am yet to be tempted.

funny i have seen plows on just about every 4x4 out there... except the tundra.

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Park a Tundra next to an F350 and visually decide which is a full-size truck and which isn't.

I am curious as to the size of the Nissan.

Torque and HP means nothing if there is no mass or meat to keep trailers from moving the little iron around. Put a 24 foot enclosed behind those trucks and try to impress me. Doubt it's happening. When I purchased my 2000 F250 I still had my '98 GMC 1500 and it was dwarfed by the Ford. Park them next to each other and I was surprised how small the GMC really was. Inside and out.

They will have their place though for the smaller loads. Snowmobiles, quad trailers, stuff like that.

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

true...but even now a silverado next to a f-150 the 150 will be bigger.

however the 150 isn't more truck, it lacks the guts.

SO even if this nissan comes in at a similar size of the chevy, it may also lack the guts...lets talk trannys, brakes, beefy front end, coolers, etc.

really, i could deal with the size of a dakota or tacoma, if they had the required goods.

DISCLAIMER: the worst i put a truck thru is snowplowing...no enclosed trailers.

10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

isn't that as much torque as the big ,bad dodge hemi??kinda impressive for a ricegrinder.:rolleyes: