Nissan Titan to get Cummins Diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gob71, Aug 20, 2013.

1. gob71

gob71 LawnSite Member

2. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

That going to be a heavy motor on a half ton suspension.

3. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats an awfully large displacement diesel for the size of vehicle it's going in and it's intended capabilities. however if they get the suspension right it'll be one badass truck for a half ton!

4. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

Not sure why Nissan didn't keep it inhouse and just put a UD diesel in the truck.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i guess this mean the cummins will be leaving the big trucks 3500-5500 most likely for an italian/japanese in-house design

6. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

I believe this was the motor for the ram 1500 from 2007ish...when they declared bankruptcy the motor was shelved. there was also a 3 liter v6 for the Dakota. I recall cummins shopping this to Nissan in 07 or 08 as well...

I don't think that cummins or ram would stop with the 2500-5500 trucks. it would cost themselves too much money. just don't expect ram to expand the cummins offerings.

I think Nissan went with cummins in the US due to name recognition.

7. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

one word, stupid.

not putting a diesel in a half-ton, but that big of a diesel. not to mention that we already know from ford/gm v8 diesel's that it just blows engines up to try and push those numbers out of that small a displacement. fortunately it's just nissan, not a big three brand that could re-ruin diesels in the american market

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's great and hope it is a trend pushing the other brands to offer more diesel. The only down fall I really see is if they price it too high.

Maybe we will see some small trucks with a diesel, that is what's really missing.

9. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

The problem with this is now all nissian dealer need diesel tech. Also how much training are they going to require.

10. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

we will see, I'm not sure what to believe anymore remember the whole Tundra diesel thing

Nissan or Toyota has to at some point produce a 1/2 ton diesel to the US market

I for one would be the first put a deposit on the Tundra diesel (if it even comes to market)