Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by blakerugg, Jun 19, 2009.

1. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

Nissan doesn't make a 3/4 ton, do they? I'm 90 percent sure all their titans are half tons

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds right to me, plus I heard sales aren't as good on the Titan as other Nissan's

3. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

All 1/2 tons - Nissan Titans.

They were schedule to start branding a Dodge Ram truck as the "new" Titan, however with all the recent developments, this seems to have gone by the wayside.

4. blakerugg

thats what i figured, my girlfriend's dad loves to think that his titan is better then my 6.0l gmc 2500HD :)weightlifter:) and he also seems to think that Nissan also makes 3/4 ton trucks

...however he knows much more about landscaping and equipment then I do, as he is 35, i'm 15, and he owns a lawn mower dealer ;)

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

why buy a truck with no bed space=titan

6. blakerugg

dont worry even if i wanted to buy one i can't b/c it can't handle my stainless fisher x-blade :usflag:

7. nmanley

nmanley LawnSite Member

The newer titans 08 and 09 come in a long bed model. All Titans are built on a 3/4 ton frame but not 3/4 ton suspension. I have an 04 Titan LE that was exactly one year old and had 25000 miles when I got it. That was Christmas 2005. I still have it as my daily driver and have made two round trips from Alabama to California and many into the neighboring states. 68000 miles now and I've only replaced the battery (twice), and drivers side elec window motor. The rear diff are weak on the earlier models ..mine included and will break easy if you snatch the truck in reverse gear. Early models got a free brake upgrade (mine included) to heavier rotors and pads just as early Toyota Tundras had too.
    I plan to keep this one till it's dead as I love the way it drives and makes me feel when I jump on the pedal. It will tow most anything that can be hooked to it. No kidding. :weightlifter:

OH yeah ... gas mileage sucks. :waving:

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I don't think the titans have full size beds. My cousin as one, which is a 4 door with a long bed, and his long bed is 7.? feet. Not 8 feet like a normal long bed.

9. nmanley

nmanley LawnSite Member

Yep, The 4 door does not come with the LONG bed. Your cousins truck has a 6.58 foot long bed.
    The extended cab Titan has a 8.23 foot long bed.

http://www.nissanusa.com/titan/specifications-king-cab.html

My buddy tried to buy a ford F250 last week and the dealer didn't even try to make a deal. They acted like it was gold. Apparently they haven't check the countries economy lately and the value of a truck as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Most Titans are going for $8000 of sticker. Some even more.

10. blakerugg

the only way you can get a good deal on a ford is if you have a connection