Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Albemarle Lawn, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone drive this truck yet? Seems like it would make a good lawn service truck. Base price in $23,000 range includes the V8 engine.

The engine is NO JOKE: 303 lb-ft at 1000 rpm!!! That's diesel-force GRUNT from a gasoline engine.

9500 lb tow rating.

I'm a Chevy guy and diesel believer but I have to at least test drive this one.

341 lb-ft at 2500 RPM!!!
    379 lb-ft peak torque.

This would be a police-pursuits worst nightmare...serious power that can cut "cross-country"

5.6-liter V8 Engine

The numbers are big. 305 horsepower. 379 lb-ft of torque, with 90% kicking in below 2,500 rpm and a full 80% on tap at a class-leading 1,000 rpm. But 'the story of Titans V8 goes beyond brute strength. No pushrod relic, this engine is a double-overhead-cam beneficiary of Nissan's advanced engineering. An aluminum block and forged crankshaft offer exceptional strength, while keeping performance-robbing weight down. In addition to the easy-breathing DOHC layout, the high-flow intake ensures that every gulp of air counts. To help cut friction, the camshafts and crankshaft are microfinished, and the piston skirts wear a slick coat of molybdenum, all so the engine can deliver more with less effort. And taking a cue from the jet age, an electronic drive-by-wire throttle connects the brain, right foot and throttle more quickly — and efficiently — than ever.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i've seen them, its a great looking truck as well. I didn't know the engine specs' til just now. Very impressive, to say the least.

3. BSDeality

here's a link to some spec's of this beast.. <a href="http://www.car-data.com/xpage.preview/pre.template.asp?mfg=nissan&model=titan">Click this</a>

mmm seeeeeexxxyyyyy

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The motor isn't what would concern me, its the fact its still a 1/2 ton truck. The brakes, frame and heavy dutyness of the entire truck is lacking. Just my opinion, but I was always a believer in 1/2 ton trucks being fine for lawn maintenance. After buying an F250, there is just no comparison. I was also finding that the 1/2 tons were getting pretty tired from pulling all the time.

5. BSDeality

this thing has heavy duty everything. did you take the time to read about it?

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, but its still a 1/2 ton. Look under a HD GMC or SD Ford and then any 1/2 ton. Just not the same. That is why they are work type trucks.

7. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

hoss i agree. However, the 9500lb capacity is right between a 1/2 and 3/4 ton truck is it not?

For an addition couple thousand you can have yourself and f-250. I am buying a new f-250 diesel at the top of March and can't wait. the old f-150 is tired, especially with the new 7x16ft big tex.. That dude has had enough.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Towing capacity isn't everything. The F150 have a decent towing capacity, but the rear suspension takes a beating. The brakes are not up to par to handle stopping that weight on an everyday basis. Yes, occassional hauling is one thing, day to day work truck is another.

The more heavy duty a truck is built the worse the ride is. My F150 rides like a Caddy compared to my F250. But when its working, there is just absolutely no comparison. None.

Compare the new Nissan as apples to apple then its probably an awesome truck. My original point is that a truck that works all day every day as a hauler needs to be a Heavy duty. That is what they are built for. Anything less can do the work, it just can't take that type of beating for nearly as long.

9. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't get past the fact that friends should never let friends drive rice.... There will never be one of anything made in Japan in my shop until the Japanese allow Americans to manufacture and trade freely in thier island as they do here....

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Many Chrysler, Ford, and GM cars and trucks made in Mexico.