Nitamin 30L, Anyone familiar?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ted putnam, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

In my never ending quest for truth, justice and cost competitve alternative to high priced urea, I have come across a product that sounds great. I am in the process of gathering more info from the source.I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with this or knows of a comparable product. Any help would be appreciated.

2. grenskpr

grenskpr LawnSite Member

I have used it works great once it warms up not a good choice for early spring application when do it yourself HO are using 34-0-0 to green up. summer time and your lawns will be glowing. I've never gotten the 12 week feed they claim tho. Growth Products uses it for source. You going to use Agri Alliance for your supplier?

3. ted putnam

Don't know yet. Just found it on the net. It looked interesting. Agri Alliance...I'll have to check them out. Does it matter that I will be putting it on dormant bermuda that won't green up til soil temps are right anyway?

4. grenskpr

grenskpr LawnSite Member

Yeah it will matter its release rate is dependent on temp, the warmer the better. you won't want to put a liquid fert on dormant anything it has to be absorbed through the leaf tissue to work. I have used a liquid UAN in eartly spring after greenup with good success then go with a slow release through the late spring summer. Call Agriturf in Searcy, AR those guys will set you up

John

5. ted putnam

Thanx, They and Lesco are my 2 main suppliers. I've never used any of the liquid nitrogen products before...so I'm feelin like a rookie!