nitrogen applications...ne 1 whos applied it pls reply...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by abitgreener, Dec 5, 2006.

1. abitgreener

abitgreener LawnSite Member

:) i know this product stains but what are the safer ways to prevent staining. Here are my questions b 4 i order a pallot of this stuff:
    what are the gud and bad applying this stuff?
    is it better to apply during dry weather to prevent run off staining?
    is there a liquid form of this stuff and if so is a dry application better then a liquid?
    if a granular app. was applied how much watering should be done after to prevent run off staining?
    this is just a couple q's i could think of right now...feel free to give me ne if not all the knowledge u guys know about this stuff b4 i go out and ruin my customers walk ways:) thanks alot for reading

2. pesticide

pesticide LawnSite Member

what product are you talking about applying?
    not sure of your questions, please type in english.

3. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I wasn't aware nitrogen stained, and you are supposed to blow it off the walkways dummy. You need lots of research before you consider buying a pallet of it.

4. abitgreener

awwww so sorry not nitro i meant ne iron application

5. abitgreener

AWWWW!!!!!so sorry i meant IRON....lol

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You blow the hard surfaces off, and make sure you're thorough. If you're not thorough, over time, you will end up with a build up of rust spot in the cracks. You also have to watch for build up of fert in the edges of the walks and drive.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

English man, not 14 year old girl IM ebonics... ne 1? take the extra 3 seconds and type normally, you aren't on the chatroom talking to teenagers here.

8. abitgreener

hey forgive me for my 14 year old girl IM ebonics... I don't usually post or chat on the net. Just here for some advice about some products thats all not to be critiqued about how I'm shortening my words. Thanks for you advice anyway but thats not what I'm looking for;)

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Liquid Iron can stain anything and everything. Granular depends on the brand and make-up. Iv'e used Lesco products with iron in them for years and never had so mush as a spot on the concrete, reguardless of how i blew off the concrete. Iv'e seen other products (this Ultimate fertilizer which is high in iron) that every prill leaves a stain even if it draws moisture from the air.

Point is, read the bag of fertilizer. Most do say to blow or sweep product off of hard surfaces to prevent staining and to prevent the fertilizer from directly being washed off into sewers that often drain into ponds and streams.

10. abitgreener

so how about reccomendations on watering after treatment?
    how long time wise(keep watering till you notice prill disoveld or just a sprinkle here and there to prevent any water from leaving the lawn and onto pavement areas)?
    will appling it in the rain stain as well?
    so you prefer the granular over the liquid?
    your pattern while appling the apllicaton with a drop spreader, would it be the same as appling a regular fert. with a reg. spreader.( over lapping)
    thanks alot now where getting somewhere..:)