Nitrogen price just went down

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Feb 8, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

All I gotta say is, "I told you so". :) My source: LESCO. Another source indicated prices will get even better this spring. I won't name that source for now. BTW, I've waited for 2 or 3 months before ordering more semiloads of fert -- looks like it will pay off.

Everybody that reponded to my original post regarding N prices going down soon said NO WAY. Maybe even never.:walking:

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Thats good...IF it lasts. Kinda like saying yipee gas went down to $2.85, but it was short lived & bounced back. Some buyers are absent from urea market right now, and has caused a temporary demand decrease. Guess we'll see:waving:

3. americanlawn

from midwest

Thanks LIBERTY...lots of viewers. Only your post so far. I was hoping for replies from naysayers offering me FREE beers. LOL.......

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I'll buy you one, but you'll have to drive 400 miles to get it:laugh:

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Larry,

I hope you are right! This is the first I have heard of any N going down. When are they saying it will go down...spring?

On the ag side they are still saying higher prices all the way through side dress (June)! There was just another large jump last week. Havn't talked to the lawn side yet.

I guess I will believe it when I see it! PM me if you don't want to post on here, but I would like to know who said this and why they think the price would go down?

Last I heard, two weeks ago everyone was talking SHORTAGE. To me that would say the price will stay up.

Corn acres are up, oil is up and so is exports. Just wondering how the "fert" guys would allow the price to "go down".

Talk to ya soon!

RC

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

up down up down :dizzy:

7. americanlawn

from midwest

LIBERTY -- you are almost as cheap as me....:laugh:

8. americanlawn

from midwest

rcreech -- I just sent you a PM regarding my 2nd source as well as when prices are expected to drop even more.
    Everybody else -- please keep in mind that N prices are likely to increase again by August or September 2008.

Bottom line....I was BLASTED by one particular member because my original post suggested that nitrogen prices would come down. hmmmm. I guess I'm not a fifth grader after all? Ric ..... any response? Who is the 5th grader now???

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

10. americanlawn

from midwest

Not sure. Got a price from UAP for xx-#-# today. Waiting for LESCO's price. I can hold off for another 5 or 6 weeks before I need more product. Fortunately, we have large warehouse space, as we go through over 200 tons of fert per year.