NJ Dep of Labor - Looking 4 You!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Rob T, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

Glad i'm legit!

My employees just got interviewed yesterday, while at the job site, by the NJ department of Labor! Seems they are looking for landscapers in NJ who are not reporting employee wages and paying into Unemployment and Disability Insurance taxes!

LOOK OUT GUYS!!!

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i know people too that were stopped. some of them werent so lucky. what town are u in rob?

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Great to hear this...I hope all of them doing business under the table get caught too. Then there will be less competition as I see it and the only guys I will have to compete with (if you call it that), are the legit outfits. I friggin' tired of hearing how the last guy was doing a $75 lawn for 40 bucks.

Gee I wonder why...btw, Rob is not far from you BG.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

where is he? how far is not far?

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i know they've been up and down the jersey shore these past few weeks as well....

6. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

BG, I'm in West Windsor / Princeton Juction area. And, my guy's were on a residential in a development!

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

For all of those who are caught do illegal things....not good!!!

8. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

YEA ROB, SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME SOME CHICK FOR DEPT. OF LABOR STOPPED 2 OF MY GUYS IN THE LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ AREA. JUST SO HAPPENS
    THAT I PAIDED MY GUYS THAT DAY. THEY SHOWED HER THERE CHECK STUBS FROM ADP. AND SHE LEFT, HOWEVER, SHE PHONED ME TO VERIFIY SAME.
    I SEE YOUR FROM THE PRINCETON AREA. OUR OFFICE IS IN LAWRENCEVILLE

SEE YA,
    RICHIE KULAK II

www.kulakandcompany.com :cool2:

9. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

This comment is unrelated but I saw all of you are from NJ. Im located in southern NJ.

Im trying to get started a business and will be trying to pick up odd jobs until spring time. I want to do leaf removal, what time should I start going door to door asking if they want my business. Now or in a week or later?

Any other tips would be most appreciated. Im tired of working 9-5 at a desk job and want to become successful at something I like to do.