NJ guys- where do you get cedar mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gutpiles, Jun 29, 2008.

1. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

I need 8 yards of cedar mulch for a job and I cant find a place near me(burlington county) that supplies it. The only place I know of is at home depot by the bag and I really dont feel like loading over 100 bags of mulch into my trailer...

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

You NEED it made of cedar or just red? I havnt seen real Cedar anywhere recently in the past couple years, maybe i dont go to the right places.

But Brittons 227 bakers basin rd, in Lawrenceville, NJ has the nice Red dye/hardwood chipped mulches for about $18 a yard. 609-588 8225.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Since your in my area, you know of anywhere else in NJ that allows you to take their "free" chipped mulch from the recyling facilities like on kuser rd in hamilton? Thing about that place that sucks is that you'd need to take your own skid steer or loader there on one trailer to load the damn truck up with mulch, far as i know its still come get it yourself, they have no machine there to load people up.

4. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

It needs to be cedar, not just dye. Home depot has bags of it but thats gonna be a pain in the ass...

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If it makes you feel better, all we have here is bags. There is NO place to buy bulk mulch. And cedar mulch isn't red either... The stuff at HD and lowes is about the same color as cypress, or a little darker brown, and the good stuff, the shreaded ceader is a dark brown. Of course, hold on to your butt, because the cheap is $4.00 a 2 cu ft. bad at lowes, and $6.00 a bag for a good shreaded 3 cu ft. bags at the garden center.

6. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

RER in Riverdale has cedar mulch. Call them might be a costly delivery though

7. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

found a place- tri state mulch and stone supply. $62.00 a yard though-thats expensive as hell!

8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

RER wants $37.00 Not sure if they go down your way though.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

i guess its hard to have companies ONLY chip cedar to use for mulch so thats why its expensive, i assumed it was WAY up there. smells nice though i guess.

10. Ramairfreak98ss

that the one off rt130 near bordentown? i know they have a few places, i used to go there back in the day when i was a 1-2 yard guy... but it took so long for them to load it etc.... most times someone wasnt even there so i gave up.