1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nj is dry as a bone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Jun 27, 2008.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

this weather sucks in central nj. dry as all hell here. i love cutting dust. hope it rains soon or i'll be on vacation
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Many parts of the Upstate SC have had only a trace of rain since mid May! On top of that is has been 95 to 100+ windy degrees most of the time. The ground is like cement. My vacation starts next week. A vacation of nausea, frustration and anxiety. been through it many times before and it never gets any easier. Well before, gas prices weren't this high. Who knows when it will ever start to rain again. None of the weather guessers even try to guess. Sorry to hear you are in this mess too
  3. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

Central Virginia is feeling the pain as well.
  4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

not much better over the state line....but we did just get about a 45 minute soaking
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

that suck's man.

Colorado isn't getting enough rain either...It's very dry right now.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I know what your talking about. Rain is comming though. Saturday and sunday and possibly Monday.
  7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

did you just get that quick storm we got?
  8. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee its getting dry. Had few thunderstorms today but they were hit and miss. Didn't produce alot of water. We are around 6 inches below normal rainfall for the year already and thats not counting last year. We have had enough rain this year for a good spring, but it has crept up on us these past two weeks is when the cancelations have started. Drought counter is up to $800.00 lossed so far for last couple of weeks and counting.:dizzy:

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

been raining alot in ohio grass looking like spring ...no call offs yet ......

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

same here in CT.as a matter of fact,grass grew like crazy over the past week.seemed kind of high today.i think sunday and monday they predict rain :)