NJ permits ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by btnj47, Mar 2, 2008.

1. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

Im told new jersey started some thing where you need some kind of special permit to even put a shovel in the ground . anyony have any info on this or where to get it
  2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the NJ division of consumer affairs site look at home improvement contractor License. You need it unless you only cut grass.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

another 75 bucks out of my pocket for no good reason
  4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

5. btnj47

Thanks for the info ill check it out . do you need a certian amount of insurace to get the licence
  6. btnj47

just answered my own question . ins 500,000 gotta look into that
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Don't forget about looking into the individual town you are working in. I'm told some towns/counties you now have certain licensing.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just heard about this...next thing you know we'll need 8 more licenses just to help out with the deficit.
  9. btnj47

So you gotta get the permit through the state then every town you plan on working in ? every year ? sounds kind of retarted ha welcome to N.J.
  10. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

not every town requires a permit to work in. If u have the nj state license the towns waive their fees but u still have to fill out their paperwork. I also heard they could get in trouble trying to charge u for a town permit when u have the state license.