Nj scapers ??? Wheres spring ???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Wright48, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Slow start up here wtf whens the weather going to break and people are going to start thinking abou there grass !!!!!

2. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

yea man im with you on that.. today has been the first day its been decent.. im probally going to start beg of next week.. the way its looking i dont think my southern lawns are gonna pop up till the middle of may lol... what part of Jersey are you in?

I'm right outside Philly

3. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I started last week. The rain just keeps delaying me, but thankfully the grass isnt growing so I can just focus on getting all my spring cleanups done.

4. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

Hopefully starting on Wednesday ... the rain is killing us too

5. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Yea how bout getting new accounts any problems because im having a hell of a time trying to get more because this damn long winter weve had people arent thinking about the lawn guy yet. I put out like 5000 flyers adds and the only got 3 new clients and a few landscape jobs but damn i would have expected more by now , its making me nervous because its hard to keep my guys busy all week at the moment. :wall:confused::hammerhead:

6. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Oh forgot to add in the lowballers but thats a givin

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up about 20 new clients. And am working on 4 job estimates. Yesterday I came in and had 8 new messages. I am assuming that was because it is getting a little warmer and nicer with the exception of the rain.

8. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

thats good i cant seem to get any calls in , how long you been in bussiness ?

9. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Spring has not sprung in Vancouver, BC. We did our first cut at a 95 unit hoa last week,
    this morning it snowed up there. There has been so much rain, the grass isn't growing and it's like walking on a dirty wet sponge.

go Canucks!

I can send you some of our (unfortunately) radioactive rain.

10. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Yea its says nj scapers but i guess vancover close haha