NJ- when will we start??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gutpiles, Feb 15, 2008.

1. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

I know its still a while but when do you guys usually take the plows off and put on the trailers?(not that we've had any snow to plow here in south jersey...) I am getting some serious cabin fever right about now. I have all my acounts from last year(23) and have so far added 7 more and I cant wait to start mowing:) I sit in school all day thinking about mowing...lol.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm thinking about 1 month...probably mid March. maybe sooner but you never know when we might get snow.

3. bj1bmx

bj1bmx LawnSite Member
    from NJ

im at the bottom of the state along the coast... gonna start up in mid march with fert, dethatching, mulch, etc.

grass likely wont start for a week or two after

4. CHoniglandscapes

CHoniglandscapes LawnSite Member

I am at the other end of the State... up North, I am ready to rock out with my....... I am stir crazy.. We are planning on an April 1st start date.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

When the grass starts to grow

what part of B.C. you in?

6. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm toword the north but expecting to start in early april. Who knows what will happen with the way the weather has been the last few years though.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends really on the weather....for all we know it may be snowing or 902 in March with the weather so far

8. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

im based out of Mount Holly and most of my accounts are in mount holly, westhampton, and burlington. I also do maintenence for banks on forclosed properties throughout burlington/camden and glouster counties...

9. CHoniglandscapes

CHoniglandscapes LawnSite Member

I live in Hewitt, near Ringwood, most of my work is in Mahwah, Ramsey, Saddle River, Upper Saddle River..etc..

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

hopefully we will start cleanups and mulch around the 20th of march. unfortunately march is the most unpredictable month of the year. last year, we had that horrible snow/ice storm on the 16th so we will have to see.

mowing is april usually.