nneed a quick price check on a walker,please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T.J., Apr 22, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

my local dealer has 2 MT mowers.one is a MTSD 23 h.p. with a 62" side discharge for $9500.the other is a MTGHS 23 h.p. with a 42" deck-it may even be a 48" -i'm not quite sure for $9600.does those prices seem in line,low,or high?sould they come down any if you set cash on the table?
    quick help needed i'm about buy one pretty quick.
    thanks,
    T.J.

2. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Thats not too bad of a price. All depends if you like the side discharge or GHS.

3. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

If they are new that's better than I can get.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if they are brand new units, those prices seem low compared to what they sell for in our market.

5. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

seems like those prices are in line. a month ago i picked up a 08' mtghs 23 w/42'' deck for $9389.50 + tax. but that was on the dealers pro day so there was a little discount.

6. T.J.

T.J. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

i just wanted to say thanks for the help.
    didn't go with the MT though,came home with the Super B.i think it's a pretty good starter machine. being as i'm just planning on doing this part time i figure there is nothing wrong saving some money and going with the B.
    i test drove it & mowed for about an hour this afternoon and so far i love it.
    i'm used to mowing with a friends Cub Cadet Tank so,i need some more seat time with the Walker but it wont take long to get the hang of it.
    thanks again,
    T.J.

7. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

was it the mb or super b? the super b is not your typical ''starter machine''. i'm thinking about buying an mb w/48''sd as a backup to my mt23.

8. T.J.

T.J. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

it's the Super B with the 60" side discharge deck.i just refered to it as a starter machine because thats what i'm doing trying to start a new business.with the savings of the difference of the Super B vs. MT i can buy a new trailor and a few other small things.
    thanks,
    T.J.

9. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Super B?

10. T.J.

T.J. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

it was just shy of $7700 and they serviced my trimmer and a six pack of oil mix was thrown in.all in all i'm happy with it. mowed my first yard today and i'm starting to get the hang of it.
    T.J.