No AC Fault on Orbit Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenone, May 13, 2006.

1. greenone

greenone LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem before on the ORBIT controller (NO AC Fault). The outlet suppling the controller is ok and the battery is fine.

My thought is that the transformer is fried. I have suggested the owner purchase a new E6C rainbird controller for a 4 zone system.

What are your thoughts on this??

2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

fuse??????

3. DarkLotus

DarkLotus LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Stop buying cheap timers.

4. greenone

greenone LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Of course it wouldn't be a controller I supplied. I only use Rainbird.

5. greenone

greenone LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Of course it wouldn't be one of my controllers...Rainbird of course!!

6. If you only use RB then surely you have come across the NO AC fault on the ESP timers.....and since that is the case, surely you know that means the fuse is bad...and surely you know what a blown fuse indicates yes?

I'm not sure about ORBIT....but chances are the fuse is bad....but you are right, it could be the transformer...check it w/ voltmeter and then check the fuse eh?

After that, use the same multimeter to check resistance and isolate the bad solenoid and replace as necessary...

Good luck!

7. greenone

greenone LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Honestly, only been in the business for a couple of years and have not experienced this fault yet. I changed the fuse and that didn't work.

We will be changing the controller. Thanks for the help!!!

8. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

sprinkerguy loves the replace it method

9. Transformers are cheaper and the client already knows how to program the Orbit...why burden the client because you are afraid to check the transformer.....eh?

I love it when the lawnguy changes the timer and blows the new one up also because of a serious wiring problem....hehhehheh....go get 'em Tiger.

10. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

My rainbird ESP Modular controller stopped working. The screen is blank and nothing happens when connected to the wall outlet.

Any ideas?