no angle right...

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by jrodgers, Feb 14, 2001.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Having problem with my E-47. It will only angle left when I go to angle right it goes left, angle left goes left. Up and down are fine. Replaced cross-over valve, replaced couplers, getting power to c-solenoid,replaced c-solenoid coil and all getting magnatism to the c-solenoid, took whole pump apart and cleaned the s--t out of it. Took different pump off one of my other trucks and it works fine with that one. At my wits end. Anybody????????

2. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

On the subject of Meyer and hydraulics, I don't claim to be an expert in either field so I'll answer your question with a couple more: could the B solenoid have anything to do with it? (Bear with me guys, I do know they are side by side on the power angle valve body but I'm not sure how it all works!) and, when you say you took a different pump off one of your other trucks do you mean you put a different power unit on the front of your truck? I'm asking that because I was wondering if your switch(es) in the cab could be a contributing factor. Just a couple of ideas, I know someone out there will be able to figure it out!

1975 GMC C-35

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

The thing that I don't see you say you did is replace the C valve. Try that, or at least check the O-rings & replace those.

4. 66Construction

66Construction LawnSite Member

If you go to http://www.millsupply.com they will send you a free snow plow replacement parts catalog...It has a trouble shooting section for meyer plows and it's free. It goes right through everything you did checking for power and magnetisim etc. and the final box points to what BRL said. It says first check the condition of the "C" valve o rings and if that isn't the problem replace the "C" valve. Lastly it says if you continue to have problems replace the quick disconects. Hope this helps.

5. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Yes I replaced the whole valve with the solenoid and when I say pump I meant to say the whole power unit(E-47). So I know its not the switches. My Meyer service manual says for the last step to replace the power angle block ,any feedback on that? Thanks for the replies.

6. Majestic

Majestic LawnSite Member

I havent heard of too many of the power angle blocks needing replaced.I would try another coil and or valve,maybe the one you put on was faulty.I once replaced an alternater 4 times with new ones then I took the whole truck to an alternater shop thinking the wiring harness must have a short.He replaced my alternater with one of his and end of problem.UNBELIEVABLE.

7. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Maybe I'll try taking one off another unit rather than buying a new one(they are so expensive).....Thanks

8. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Well I took a valve off of the other pump and that valve worked so I guess somehow I got a bad new valve. Then again my buddy got a brand new E-60 with a 7.5ST and the first time he had it out one of the valves went THE FIRST TIME!!!!!! brand new. Oh well maybe I'll try just getting new o-rings.......Now I can put the truck out to sell it.(Not because of this problem) See ya......

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Before people jump all over Meyer again let me say that when I bought my Newest Fisher last year I hooked it all up and nothing. Turned out that the Fisher Power Pack was bad. So all I can say is that it can happen with any manufacture. By the way the dealer swapped the Pack no questions asked.

10. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

I agree.... Well I have this problem solved I just took the o-rings off the new one and put them on the original one and now it works fine.(Couldnt take it back because I have had it as a spare for a couple of years now) Thanks for everyones help......