No brainer, but I'm going to post the question anyway

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmh1202, Mar 4, 2003.

1. bmh1202

bmh1202 LawnSite Member

O k guys. This is a no-brainer I think, but I'm going to post the question anyways to see if there is any helpful feedback. I'm looking at a new ZTR. My dealer has 2 demos left from last year. One is Bush Hog 26Kohler/ 60" deck for $7950. The other is 27kohler/60" Lazer Z for $7000:D Both units have less than 10 hrs and are in great shape. I'm really leaning towards the Z. The only thing I see is that the BH seems to be a little heavier built-especially the steering levers, and it has lights on it. I've run Zs before and am inclined to go with it, just looking for someone to play Devil's advocate and give me a reason to consider the BH. Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Lazer, sir. No question.

3. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

No brainer is right lazer z ,like my friend breido said no question about it.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Just because they look the same doesn't make them the same. I hate to say this but you better not get the Bush Hog because parts are not easily had at least around here. We already know Lazer's are proven and no-one really has a Bush Hog Z that I know of. I do have a Bush Hog garden tractor, circa 1964 though :D It's a HOG alright.

5. Any one ever bent a steering lever that was not caused by abuse?

Glad you used the word "seems" ...

Lights can be added to anything, but no real use to have them. I've mowed in that dark and found it easier to to not use lights and see much better. Lights cast shadows in the dark.

Well, not that your no brainer just became a brainer,....NO doubt the Lazer Z will be the best choice and still have some dough left top put lights on it, and buy the upgrade suspention seat too.

6. what about john deere ooooo nooo lets not start that again.All kidding aside.Exmark is the choice hands.You will be happy long after we are all kicked out here .:D Exmark will give you many years of great service

With all these exmark ? I feel like a poster boy for them lately.Plus I dont even own. Maybe they should give me one for all for all these kind words on them:D

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Not just the product, but the service you get because of the factory support is second to none. Let's see you write Bushhog a question about the machine and get an answer the same day or next... Yeah, right! Let's see the Bushhog lay down a cut like the Lazer, too. :rolleyes: Don't risk it. Do the right thing. The beauty of it is, that you have a choice. The BH isn't the last thing he has left, although it will be if you don't jump on the wagon.

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I know you can put a Flex-Deck on the Lazer - go for it

9. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I hope you get the eXmark!

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Get both! Increase your productivity. Or, just get the Lazer.