no business due to drought in La.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mow_man, Jun 5, 2006.

1. mow_man

mow_man LawnSite Member

Is anyone else in south Lousiana having problems getting lawns to mow due to the drought conditions?

2. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

It's the same here in S. Mississippi. Lost a lot of customers last year whose homes got destroyed, and now this drought.

3. RD592

RD592 LawnSite Member

What part of south louisiana are you from. Im from the Thibodaux area.

This past week the grass grew a little.

4. cajuncreole

cajuncreole LawnSite Member

Same here in Baton Rouge, I am eatin dirt and wearin goggles not safety glasses. The first thing I use my Sthil blower on is myself!

5. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

i must be lucking out right now. i'm in kenner and i haven't skipped a week yet due to the growth.

todd

6. deerbutcher

deerbutcher LawnSite Member

I'm here in Raceland and all my accounts want service every 2 weeks until it starts raining.

7. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Its been like that in south tx. for a long time now. We have had some rain but not enough to get us back in the swing of things. My lawns have been moved back about a week. I hope something happens soon...the other day I went out to look at a bull that I was going to buy. The man that owend the place said that it had not rained on his place for over a year!!!

8. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

yep....same here in ocean springs

9. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

Ya'll should do like I do...I tell all of my customers to water every day for a least an hour and the grass should get green in about a week. I think about 7 of then listened to me and theirs is growing like crazy....lol (now I have some to cut):clapping: