No calls yet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FFMED74, Feb 17, 2004.

1. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Anyone finding out that they are working thier rumps off for nothing? I am getting a little down I guess. I have handed out over 1000 flyers in past 2 weeks with 0 calls. Now my web site has had about 50 hits since I opened it on the weekend, really Saturday was able to get to it. I figured someone would have requested a bid or even a phone call at the least. I have an ad in weekly paper heer starting last week of Feb through April. Any thoughts....... confused fireman!!!! LOL:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

I would think that people would be responding until the weather gets better. They are more concerned about snow right now not grass. Give it some time and you should receive some response.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

If the weather in Indiana is anything like it is in Michigan, don't worry. It's too early in the year to be getting calls. Usually bids don't start coming in around my area until late Feb, early March. I'm not even thinking about giving estimates right now.

:D

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

We are going to start passing out door-hangers the first week of March. We don't run an ad in the newspaper because it usully gets price shoppers. I used to run an ad, and found myself bidding against every person in the paper.

5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric-
    Wait another month. You may want to hand out more fliers about a week before the first forecasted 60-70 degree day. I can garauntee you your phone will be ringing off the hook then. When it warms up, even for just a day, people will start thinking about lawns and landscaping, and will think it can all be done in March...

Where in IN are you?

Dan

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Don't worry about it to much its still the middle of Feb. try again in a couple of weeks.I am also doing flyers and some post cards this year about 11k-12k and will start in beginning of March.

7. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Once the sun starts shining more people will start thinking about it. Don't be discouraged about your fliers because when people start thinking about lawn care at least some of them will remember your flier.
    I've been pretty lucky, I've gotten some calls the last few weeks, and I've gotten all but one of the jobs, so I feel pretty good. I'm offering a 10% discount on all spring cleanups so that is helping a little.
    Good luck.

8. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I will start in march too!:p

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi FFMED74,

Don't get down or give up! Possibly change some things around and see if you get better results.

10. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I guess they aren't nearly as excited about it as I am. I am looking so forward to this year, I can't heardly wait. I guess that is just the type personallity I am, I used to fish bass tournaments and I would start getting stir crazy about mid Feb. Cant help it, it is soooooo close, but so far away LOL. It would help if I could just be at the fire station when we get a working fire LOL, I don't wish death and destruction on anyone.