No clue? What would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MattW, Apr 28, 2003.

1. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

OK I got a chance to put a bid in on a big job... Runs a full calendar year ( but we got an off season for snow like from mid nov....thru mid march) the contract would go from june 1st 2003 to july 2004.

I know what it would take man hours but I don't know what to bill it out for. I know everything tht I try for is right around the $60 an hr mark ....but on a big yearly contract what/ how would you price it?

This is what it would take for man hours.....

5 guys 40hrs a week...and I am figureing on 40 weeks for the season....

I know I have read allot of posts...I am aware of the varables...Just need a basic Idea..

Thanks in advance!

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Are you talking about 5 guys each spending 5 days a week there, 8 hrs a day? Or 5 guys spending 1 8 hour day there each week? There is a HUGE difference. If it's 5 guys for 40 hrs a week each... I would hope you have a LOT of money in your savings account. That's all I have to say on that issue.

3. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

5 Guys 5 days a week.....

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

All I can tell you is, how is your savings account looking? Can you afford to put 5 guys out there 5 days a week and give them their paychecks at the end of that week? That is a LOT of money to tie up each and every month. How many guys do you have working for you overall?

5. MattW

MattW LawnSite Member
    from NH

I got 2 full timers and 1 part timer...

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

If you currently do not even have the men to put on the property I don't think it's wise for you to even bid it.

One small mistake in your estimating can literally cost you thousands on dollars over the course of the contract.

I would not even consider this if I were you.