no compassion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by simsy71, Oct 6, 2004.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

I had to call one of my customers today and tell them I would have to cut there lawn tomorrow instead of today. They got upset and told me they really wanted it cut today. I told them again it was impossible. The resaon I gave them was that my mother had a heart attack and I was going to spend the day with her at the hospital. With everything going on I had the courtesy to call them . I mean give me a friggin break, they gave me such a hard time that I called them back and told them to find someone else to cut there lawn....... Wrong time to piss me off. I mean to think about it they called me one day saying they are having a party that day and some limbs fell in there yard. Guess who shows up within the hour to take care of it. Sorry I am just venting I am still pissed off and its been a long day

geogunn likes this.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That is simply terrible, some people can be just awful.
    Don't even dwell on that customer, just focus your energy on your mom.
    They should be ashamed of themselves.

lee b likes this.
  3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

sorry about your mom hope she is ok. She will be in my prayers

4. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your wishes. I think she will be ok,, They were able to clear the blockage She just has to stop smokeing............

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm also really sorry to hear about your mom. Can't imagine what you must have been going through.

On the other subject....you did exactly what I would have done. That's one nice thing about having your own business. You get to fire the customers when they're cold hearted a-holes.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Screw the customer, family always comes first, not matter what! I agree with everyone else, I think you did the right thing by dropping her, she isn't worth even the money you made off of her. Hope your mom gets better, be thankful she is here.

7. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

I don't know what to say. I Hope everything is ok and gets better... I would be awful mad at someone who couldn't understand that your mom just went through that and you want to be there. And most of all you called them.....
    I hope your family is well , and your mom gets better...

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

simsy--what a bizarre customer. I though mine were tough! point for you.

GEO

JPLAWNSERVICE and fga like this.
  9. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

You did the right thing. I wish your Mom well.

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Hope your mom is ok. I think this is why bobby does and says what he does about customers.