No Demo's Available?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jsaunders, Jun 18, 2003.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking to purchase a new z very shortly. I have already demoed the Kubota 28 hp w/60, and the Ferris is3000 25 w/60. There are things that I like and also dislike about the two. I have gone to 2 exmark dealers asking about a demo and they say the only way to get one in is to order it- meaning put down $9000 then it's mine to have. I have heard good things about the lazer mowers but I need to actually try them to make sure it is the best for what I need. I don't want to put exmark out of the picture but if I can't even demo one HOW can I tell if it's the machine for me? I'm looking for the 26 or 28 efi or the 27 kohler a/c. Thanks for your help and replies. I just don't want to make a purchase and find out that I ended up with the machine that is second best for my needs. Thank you! Joel or e-mail@ saunderslawn@hotmail.com

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

jsaunders,

Send me an e-mail with telephone number, the name of the Exmark dealer you'd most like to work with and we should be able to arrange something.

Thanks

Terry

3. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I just want to Thank You for the help. I ended up talking to a saleman that wanted to help me- I took the lazer EPS off the show-room floor. I have also recieved email from Mr Sherman(sp.)- I will be contacting him to inquire about a TT60''. Thanks again for the quick help- There's going to be a new Exmark on the trailer. Joel

4. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

It's funny how these dealers hate to let people demo mowers. They act as if YOUR the crazy one for not just buying a $8k mower! How long would a car dealership last if they had no test drives? Heck, these mowers we're buying cost as much as cars! I love my lazer hp but I can't get a demo on a w/b from the 2 exmark dealers near me. I guess if the local Toro guy gives me a demo for a day he'll get my $2,500. I'm the type that if I continualy call and/or email about getting a demo with no response I don't spend no more $$$ there. This shows me that they could care less about me.

I must say...... I do love my lazer hp and all the other exmark products come with great recommendations. You guys are great on this forum and really help alot. The dealers are gonna kill ya in this area! Does exmark have any prerequisites for their dealers?

This is very frustrating.......

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jason R.,

Yes we do have requirements but when it comes to Demos that is generally at the dealers discretion. Most dealers will offer demos. Often they may not have the exact model you want to demo but the model they do have is a good representation or they will arrange to demo the model you want when available.

In my experience the most common reason for not getting a demo has been poor communication. The dealer may communicate that there isn't a demo available for that model but may not inform the customer that he/she does have a demo available with a different engine or different cutting width etc.

Thanks

Terry