1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No dixie choppers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dixie88, Nov 14, 2002.

1. dixie88

dixie88 LawnSite Member

I don't see Dixie Choppers mentioned much on here. Here in the Tampa Bay area, it seems everyone has a chopper. Is this a regional thing or are we out of touch?
  2. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

I use a Walker myself. But most here in my area use Dixie or Toro. I grew up in Clearwater Beach... I really miss the place.
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

There is lots of Chopper talk over at the other forum.:)
  4. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

They are talked about more than any other mower on here with the exception of walker and exmark. They're big here in Arkansas too.
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

:confused: What? Where? When? Ive only seen about 3 or 4 LCOs with them. One LCO had 3 on one trailer.
  6. IBGreen

Well Grass Busters that do Southwest hospital have them. I've seen two of them in use on Mills High school in Pulaski County. The company that does Celestica over off of Scott Hamilton has two. L&F has some and I have seen two leaving from Cleave Addie off of 65th!
  7. IBGreen

I don't think that they would be my favorite but, I've never ran one.
  8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my dc 6 yrs old and runs like new
  9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hate to say this word . But try a "search" You will probably come up with page upon page of post from those who run Dixies.
  10. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

IB, I ran a 2000 model for about a week for my boss a couple years ago and they are great at what they are desinged to do. Big lots are where they shine. the speed of these things are awesome and they can cut some heavy grass. They arent the best in my opinion in yards with flower beds because they side discharge. But if you can work around that then they are pretty good.