No doubt about it, I'm a sucker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CoastalEmpire, Aug 4, 2004.

1. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

So this guy lives in S. Carolina and I'm taking care of his property (house) for over a year while workers got it ready to rent. I'm charging him PRIMIUM price at 50$ a visit to keep it looking pretty. Well the renters finally come and it's two cute college girls. And I also find out that their in charge paying whomever they want to do their yard. I'm over their today and what do I do? I tell them I'll do it for 30 Bucks! They were'nt going to have 50$ a week for yard maintenance. I'll never get rich going down like that. but what can I say? I'm a sucker for pretty girls.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What exactly was the point of this story ?

3. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

He is hoping to get laid?

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

They must be some darn purty girls to knock off 20 bucks. Post some pics of them sometime...

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yep no doubt about it your a sucker, and gonna be an out of business one with many more of those stupid decision

Mac

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Tell them "Normally I would charge $50 to maintain your yard, but we may be able to work something out for a discount".

I agree snap some shots.

7. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

i'm a sucker for responding to this.

This is not an anecdotal site. This is an educational site.

Matt

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think he's just educated us. Deduct $10 per purty girl from the original price. Just hope they don't bring in 3 more chicks, or you'll be doing it for free. Looking forward to pics...

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Purty looks will get you nothing from this boy................
    Business is business,Pleasure is Pleasure. Never mix the two.

10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

sends a clear message to the owner of the property that you have been ripping him off.

Which ever way this falls, I think your work there will be short lived....if those grrrrls see a sexy lawn guy somewhere, he will have your work, they will probably meet a guy at college who wants the work and a bit of fun on the side.

I would of negotiated...not drooled LOL!