No flat Tires on walk behind mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Jan 11, 2006.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone run the no flat tires like here http://j-thomas.com/Catalog/202.htm

Please help me as I know most mowers have no flat fronts but i want to have no flat rears also to keep maintenance costs down. Any good or bad things, let me know

Thanks

2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've replaced all my castor tires over the years with them. I couldn't afford all of them at once, so I replaced when the original's went bad. Thanks for posting that link. They have lots of parts for my lesco's:)
    I bought mine at my Lesco dealer.

3. CrewCutEnterprises

I run the front casters also...

But they make them for the rears too. Thats what im interested in . Yea they are 90 dollars a tire, but no flat... come one, thats a 2 to 3 time a month thing. Its always at the wrong time...

I just want to hear some imput on them

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious about the rears also. I would think they would be heavy for one thing, and give a rough ride also.

Anyone??

5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a three year old Toro 52" Proline With a tru trak attached and have filled all the tires on the mower and the tru trac with foam fill. It seems to work well accept that on lawns with thin grass areas it loses traction in our sandy soil easier than it did with the air filled tires

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I put amerseal in my tires. I haven't had a flat in 5 years, or since I started using amerseal.

7. CrewCutEnterprises

whats amerseal?

is it just foam you can put into the tires

8. lazer 46

It's a tire sealant that is put in through the valve stem.

9. lazer 46

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Slime is another good one! Easy to spot, it's in a clear jug and it's green... slime! I'm pretty sure the name came from the green slime on that old show "You Can't Do That on Television"

I have it in most all of my tires and never get any flats either. I say never, I can't count the #)(&%$# front tires popping off the rims because of the low pressure I try to run in them. That's a real PITA and I am kicking myself for not spending the extra 35 bucks and getting the foam rubber ones. I'm going to put tubes in them, that should solve my rim problems...