No Flat Tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I am very close to purchasing a set of Nu Air tires from Mc Laren. just under 3K is a lot of money. I am also looking at Radmeister tires, same concept. Any have these that can provide some additional motivation on pulling the trigger. I am sick of having flats. The 465 is brutal on tires and bent rims.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

On my 170 I had foam filled tires because of flats and didn't have any problems. They were very heavy and I did run Grouser tracks with then. I did not care for having flats when you are out in the sticks and trying to get things done. On a side thought, have you ever watched a carpenter walk to his truck and empty his pockets of all his leftover nails? I now know why I was getting flats.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea I have about had enough. While running tracks I got a flat in Big Sky, and had to drive 100 miles round trip to get it fixed. I am tired of the downtime, but man they are expensive, pay now or pay later I guess.

4. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i know a few guys that have those mclaren nu air tires ksss they seem to like them they give you more of an air ride with out getting flats. I tell you one thing i been doing pretty good on flats this year i been pumping that green slime into all my tires its been working real well. I use to have a set of foam filled tires on my s185 before i sold it and there good for demo work but they sucked when you had to grade out there just so heavy and they wear out faster to there is no give on foam filled tires when turning you just rip into the ground.

5. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know another solution to your problem... get some of those VTS tracks that I've been hearing about. No flats! There's a guy on here that has some sitting in his driveway collecting rust. Oh wait... nevermind.:drinkup:

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Tiremen hate slime if you have to get your tires removed most tire shops will charge you extra money dealing with tires with slime. I was also told the slime is considered hazzardous waste.

Like they say if it has t*ts or tires your going to have troubles with it :laugh:

Tracks never go flat :hammerhead:

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You funny guy! How about them Colts?

The VTS are for the 440. They would not fit on the 465. I had 4 nails pulled out of the 440 today. Total downtime on two machines in two days is 4 hours.

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch, that kills momentum.

9. bobcatuser

bobcatuser LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using the green slime in my tires (3 sets) and haven't had any lost time on the job.

If you get a nail in the tire just leave it in, the sealent will hold pressure Intill you finish the job and can get the tire fixed. When you get new tires or have a repair the tire shop just scoops up the slime and can transfer it to new tires.

10. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's it. I'm putting a Colts avy back up to turn the tides. Good things seem to happen. Let's see where we are in 12 weeks... if we can stay healthy. Nice win over the Cowgirls, but don't get to excited. I think it had more to do with Jessica being there!:laugh: