no grass cutting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Nov 27, 2006.

1. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Still got 5 leaf jobs and some mulch to do. About 2 more weeks.Wife lost her job so I looking for all the work I can find.

2. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I'm only part time but I've secured enough clean ups on lots that people own to keep me busy thru Feb. All this thru word of mouth.

3. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

That's great:laugh: ...I had a young couple exactly like that last summer and I've already taken on what I think may be another for next season. Makes you wonder...

4. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

looks fun. just be careful. when i first started doing tree work i didnt wear (alot)safety gear either because i thought i didnt need it, but i got wiser. its always a good idea to wear a safety harness up in a lift or bucket truck. safety glasses, hard hat(thats a no brainer) ear protection, gloves. i know i sound like a jackass but i dont like to see or hear of people getting hurt/killed. and it happens easy in tree work. be safe have fun.

5. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

No mowing for 6 weeks so far. I didnt do to good on leaf cleanups either it got really cold and was preety much a drought until today! Im looking for all the work I can get becuse I am updateing everything! Its going to be a tight budget of a winter.

6. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been done the clean ups for some time now...putting my thoughts Into a more efficient operation for 2007. Also getting ready for snow:cool2: :waving: :drinkup: <------------A few of these and relax a bit While I can.

7. Havn't had a real mowing schedule since Sept. Been doing a lot of extra work this fall though. Broadleaf control, core aeration & fall fert., some pruning, and topdressing, and of course mulching leaves.
    Had a really profitable Oct, and just started the paperwork for Nov.'s billing. Probably the best fall season ever.
    I'm ready for a break now though. Going to take the camper to Florida again this year. Like last year I'll be riding my bicycle every day to combat the fat and stay in shape to do this all again next year.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i thought he was up there looking for the guy "mullet boy" that was trying to steel your customers????

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We do things different up here in Canada Jodi. We wait until the leaves fall off the trees to gather them up. I never would have thought of going up and picking the leaves from the branches. Does this help you to get a jump on leaf season? We don't have that many customers that we have to do this. You must be a big company. Do you have trouble finding and keeping employees?

:canadaflag:

10. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

All done with lawns. Now I can attack the 'at home list'.