No grass in beds!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grassboy, Apr 28, 2000.

1. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Hey I have a few customers, all residential, that have yelled at me for putting grass in their mulch beds. I have been trying not to as hard as I can, but I can't find a way that effectively blows out the grass or keeps it from going in. AND I DON'T WANT TO BAG IT. Sometimes i even can't bag it, no where to dump it. How do you handle this??? How is the most efficient way to handle it.
  2. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Grassboy. Be sure you arn't cutting to low. A half inch can make a big difference. I modified my side chute so when it's down, it drops the grass just a couple inches away from the deck. Also try some gator blades.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

hey bobby what are these gator blades and we do you get them
  4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Go to search just above and type in gator as the search topic. You will find plenty of discussions on the topic.<p>
  5. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Bridges,they are blades that chop the grass into smaller bits than standard blades. Any Lawn&Garden shop should be able to get them for you. If you cant find them, call 1-800-305-9255 and they will ship em to you.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

you can use regular blades instead of high lift. Wont throw the grass as far and turn it away from the beds. or make u a screen and put it over the chute. or quite doing such small yards.
  7. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

What you gotta do, if you dont already is do the perimeter runs in a direction that discharge chute is aiming to the middle of the lawn... hope this is your problem, makes for a very easy fix!
  8. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

There is no way around getting some grass in beds, on driveways and in the road. One thing that we do is make an effort to make sure that we mow with the discharge facing the other way. Sometimes this does pose a problem but it's worth the time saved not having to blow too much mulch on the yard.
  9. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

OCDC - Look at Eric's page for more info.<p>I'm convinced that only reason every other mower manufacturer doesn't offer this must have something to do with the discharge chute or OSHA regulations.<p>The thing makes so much sense.
  10. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Lazer:<p>I can't make any sense of the page. I don't even know if i was at the right page or not. Can you just explain it to me.