1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No I aint workin Thangsgiving

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Just like all the other holidays we are not workin, takin 4 days off and enjoying the holiday.
  2. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to clean some equipment, work on the books, have dinner at Denny's. Maybe visit my daughter. Standby for plow action. Going to give my guys the day off from being on call, unless we get dumped on. Then it's all hands on deck.
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm hitting up black Friday. :) Work on turkey day? Your nuts. :D
  4. Hanau

If we get snow everybody is working.

My guys were pissed Dec 25 last year when I was banging on their doors at 2am. Thought they could get out of plowing by not answering the phone.

They were mistaken.
  5. we are going out of town for a couple of days, mini vacation.
  6. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

I am working monday and then I am finished until snow season.
  7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

we are working friday........i will do everything i can toavoid that but we are way behind on cleanups.......i would rather it snow, then it would only be me and my landscape foreman out plowing and salting......and we would make about 20 times more money!!!oh please snow 3 " for the love of turkey.
  8. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

Meh...those make for good memories. Hunched over the truck heater at 4am xmas morning with an x-large coffee sounds alright to me...especially if the mother-in-law stays at home.
  9. Hanau

I think the wives were more pissed off than anything. It was a decent blow and we were out a little over 18 hours.
  10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

4 day break for us.

No break for the fish.

I will let someone else fight over junk at the mall, :dizzy: I'm going fishing. :)