no i won't HELP YOU save on taxes!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 22, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i can't stand this crap. i'm doing alot of estimates, and i get one every so often, "cmon, i'll pay u cash, screw that sales tax, how much for cash?" you know what? i aint doing it. first of all, this could easily be a setup, could be a state or gov official looking to set u up. second of all, it's a huge inconvenience. i want my CHECK in my box BY THE FIRST OF THE MONTH, period! this makes my life so much easier. discount for cash?

2. countyline

countyline LawnSite Member

Cash is sweet but I feel your pain, sometimes it is more headache keeping up with checks and cash. You make a good point too, you never know who is trying to set you up, Lawn maintenance would be an easy target because there are so many people doing it, guess some people are just looking for an easy buck...

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What the hell is cash? :laugh:

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

as long as you claim the money as income, you can take cash. a lot of people prefer to pay me in cash rather than a check, i take it. money is money. i don't see how this could be a set up. good luck on whatever you do.
    Mike

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Whe I get paid cash I tend to blow it right back out of my pocket before I get it into the bank.I don't give a discount for cash..but I will take cash.

6. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'll always take cash, and it doesn't always make it to the bank, but it is ALWAYS documented and claimed as income. And no, there is no break on the sales tax if you pay cash.

7. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby it so simple...Let them pay the cash...And you pay the tax

8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take any payment, but no discounts and I do claim it.

9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

yep ditto i take the cash and save it for the end of the week for gas .alot of gas station give cash discount ,at least down here

10. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

What gas stations are you going to. I also live in FL and have never heard of this.