No Lawn Crossing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Four Star, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

I was flyering homes today, and at three houses I saw a sign on either the door or the mailbox which read "No Lawn Crossing"

Anyone know what this means?
    I have never seen this before.
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think that would mean do not walk on the lawn?
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lol. thats what i get out of it as well. stay off the lawn.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

:p LOL :p It means if you were passing out crosses, that you couldn't put any on the lawn!! Just like he street sign with the letter "P" circled and a line through it means that you can't pee in the street. :D
  5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Ya think??:D
  6. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

No Stripes?
  7. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

It's mostly for maiman and newspaper delivery, they don't want some body short cutting across lawn.

I have a customer at the end of three houses in a row that I serviced, he demanded that I pull the hose from infront of his house only to do his service. I used to do all three from the middle of the three. Now I do 2 then move the truck 74 ft and do his. He says h's paying for his service and it should be individual. Pain in the butt but he's a good customer. This lawn crossing sounds a lot like his style!:eek:
  8. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Meter man, rotten neighbor kids, post man, political solicitors, Jehovahs Witnesses, Now you got the idea ?
  9. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

When i first read it i was thinking they dont want more than two striping patterens. LOL. It sounds more like a fancier "Keep off the grass sign".