1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

No leaves this week! Rain please go away.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Nov 29, 2001.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The leaves have finally been hitting the ground. Problem is, we've had 10.33" of rain in the last 72 hours. Over 6" in the last 24 hours. At least by next week I should have several leaf jobs and it shouldn't be dusty for a while. But for now, I'm sick of rain.
  2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I hear ya, pal!

Same here in Nashville...total saturation...water just standing on top of the ground! :(

At least I have not seen any SUVs floating sideways down the street like they are in your neck of the woods.

I saw that on the news this morning...several vehicles just floating along...somewhere in Memphis. :eek:

Like you said, it ought to keep the dust down. ;)
  3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dust, nah won't be any dust but will be plenty of MUD. Leaves will prob be stuck to ground along with dead grass that has washed. Sounds like we may have to use some rakes to get that stuff to move.

Eric I know that redmax is bad but i don't think it'll like some of the leaf jobs now.
  4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Please send some rain our way, we've had 1/2 inch since early September. We're bone dry and suffering.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax will handle them just fine. :cool:

Lee, from the looks of the radar it may be coming your way. If not, wait long enough and it might runoff the ground here and make it to Ga.:D
  6. dj'slawnservice

dj'slawnservice LawnSite Member

Only good thing about all this rain is the dust will be gone for awhile.......you people in Memphis area are hurting from what I'm hearing on the news.....FLOODING.......roads closed.......
    not that bad here, thank goodness
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

On the news tonight there was a garbage can floating down the street and it was passed by a floating car.
  8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Like SLS said, we are floating over here in Nashville too. I have several lawns with leaves to take care of, but gotta wait till it dries out a little. Too much mud now. If only we could take the rain and use it for the dryer months, wouldnt that be nice. Just spread it all out over the year. Oh well enough chit chat, gotta start back on the ark now!
  9. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Same here in Evansville still coming down hard, Prob-won't get on any yds till the sun is out at least a few days, but will still be mulching and shrub trimming. Marks Mowing Service
  10. Here in chi town its been one of the best falls we had in years .

most years the grass has gone dormant by now.
    we got our heavy rains in oct in the southeast suburbs
    IT brought the leaves down two weeks early,but keep the grass growing two weeks longer, so everything evened itself out.