No License? Beware!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow"N"Bud, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I have had it, and I will no longer play Mr. Nice Guy. Let me explain. Commonly refered to here on Lawn Sit (Scrubs-non licensed, non tax paying, cheap equipment riding, low rent, job stealing scum) Today I'm going from area to area, everything is good so far. I pull into a neighborhood that is high class, up to one of my clients and he tells me a guy was just there trying to generate business, and pointed him out down the street, talking to another of my clients. I go down and introduce myself as owner of Mowing Buddies Lawn Service, Hi he says I'm Lou. What's the name of your company I say. Don't really have one he says. I ask how many clients do you have? 70 or so he say. That must be alot of tax head aches I say. No he says I just do it on the side, and don't pay taxes. Oh I say. I go back to my truck and call the police, and had him arrested for operating a business without a Lic, and made sure the police call the IRS Monday so this jerk can deal with them to. As the title says Scrubs Beware I am no longer going to play Mr. Nice guy. I have worked too hard, and have payed out too much money for Taxes, Licences, Insurance, Accountants and all the rest. My brothers and sisters in the Lawn Care Business please don't sit back and let these criminal which is what they are continue to break the law, and steal our potential customers. Hit these scum bags where it hurts, and send a message to the rest of them.
  2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

The police arrested him? I can't see that happenening the way I read it? ;) ;)
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

no kiddin tgll. is bobby tryin to sneek back in with new name?
  4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

You approached AND had a guy arrested for talking to one of your customers? Why can't I get lucky. If you approached me for talking to one of your customers, you would be speaking to your family that night with one or two less teeth.

Where I come from, you speak to who you want, when you want.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

You guys really should read the entire original post. It says that the police busted him for not having a business license.:rolleyes:
  6. Mow"N"Bud

Sorry I don't know Bobby, and as for the missing teeth, I'm to old and tired to get in a scuffle which is why I not only have a Business Lic., but also a concelled weapons lic. It isn't wise to swing on law abiding citizens any more. Some of us believe in "Stop Crime Shoot Back":)
  7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Well then, the missing teeth would make you a favorite in prison. The age may not but the missing teeth would definetly make up for it in other ways. But what do I know. I did re-read your post and understand what you did was good......drastic, but good.

Just one question..........Would you have the local school kid busted for cutting lawns without a licence or insurance? Just curious cuz you have taken the stand of not allowing this to continue. I am not judging, I am just curious.
  8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

just remember he will get out and concelled weapons may not help or he may have one to.
  9. JLeigh

JLeigh LawnSite Member

Unbelievable. You had someone arrested for trying to drum up some business?? What - is every LCO supposed to tiptoe around like a ruddy fairy godmother and make sure he isn't soliciting someone else's customer? Did you expect a courtesy call first? You walked up to a guy who was trying to earn a living (it's none of your blasted business what his tax status is, btw), suckered him into revealing too much, and then got on your high-horse and had him arrested. And you think he's scum??

Maybe you should spend a little more time soliciting customers and a little less time acting like the Lawn Nazi.
  10. Mow"N"Bud

:usflag: I notice you are in Onteria. I assume Canada. See here in the good ole US, if we are attacked (such as someone knocking out our teeth) and the one being attacked is licensed the the one who is licensed can shoot the attacker, and not go to prison. Now, lets all play nice, we are Lawn Care Professional and because I don't plan to go to Canada. Never been there never left anything there.:usflag: