1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

No Lift Sand Blades???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassBustersLawn, Nov 1, 2003.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone using these? I went to Louisville EXPO and saw them in a catalog. Thought I try running them "doubled" with GATORS on the bottom. Anyone used these before? :confused:

Mike

2. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

I have used the same combo that you are talking about. They work great on leaves. Chops the leaves up better without discharging to fast. I don't like the looks of the grass as well but I think they work better than double Gators or even better than triple blades (dbl. Gators with the sand blade) for mulching. :)

3. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry............????

Do these "No lift sand blades" have no lift at all ???

I.E completly flat.

Thanks!

4. kmglacey

kmglacey LawnSite Member

I have never seen these blades, but would be interested in hearing where you saw them, as I work near the Gulf, and the sand here will chew up a set of blades pretty quick.

5. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

pinnacle, Yes these blades are copletely flat and also have all 4 edges sharpened. I saw them in my dealers book when we were looking at some other blades. It clear said no lift and 4 sharpened edges in the book

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes - they are "flat sand blades" with NO LIFT. They are totally straight with 4 corners sharpened. Haven't used them yet as I put double gators on yesterday, which worked OK, but was getting alot of blow-out. Got my set for 48" Lazer HP from GREENLINE catalog. 1-800-356-0171 or greenlinedist.com. They are about $10.50 each plus S&H. Ad says when one side gets dull, just turn them over and go again. I like that thought!

Mike