No Load WOT RPM for Kaw 25hp

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sstewart0974, Jun 5, 2009.

1. sstewart0974

sstewart0974 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Can someone tell me what the WOT no load rpm should be on a 25hp kaw on a 2008 super z. I have it at the dealer now and the service person told me that it was supposed to be 3150. I am thinking that is low, but wanted to verify before I said anything to him. Mine was 3100 and he did not act like he wanted to fool with it.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here you go.

Operating R.P.M. – No load, 3600
    Idle R.P.M. – 1550

Sounds like yours needs to be adjusted.

Pj

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You have no idea of how you Super Z is suppose to operate, it will be terribly sluggish, and I do mean terribly, running 500 rpms low. A 25 hp Kawasaki is not enough engine to begin with on a Super Z from my experience, you take 500 rpms away and it reacts like a 20 hp engine. I run my 28 efi at 3700 and there are times I could use more hp. I bet you thought you had the weakest Super Z ever built, it will amaze you when you get the rpms at their recommended setting. Come back and tell us about the difference. :weightlifter:

4. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

hey paws, I'm still running my E.F.I. @ 3800 and just had my dealer run my 25 Kawi up to 3800.. There is mucho difference in productivity...

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Believe me, I know there is a tremendous difference. I would love to run Kohler's recommended rpms (3750), but mine will start drinking oil. Keep me aware of your oil usage with the higher rpms. I swear when I jacked mine up to 3800 it felt like it picked up 1 to 1 1/2 mph, and holding the blade tip speed up seemed a great deal easier.

6. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Imow4u2

How have your Hustler's been running? Have you been to The Sled Shed's new North Liberty store? It's a little closer to you.

7. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not going to say the name on here, but I now drive east for service.. I have developed a good relationship with this dealer, He and I have an understanding.. Fix my Machines right, the first time and I wont *****. My previous dealer was geared more towards the homeowner IMO... The good thing is I'm still with the same company, Demoed a 31/60 the other day..