No love for Echo today....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jds720, Jun 18, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a BRAND NEW Echo SHC-212 Hedge trimmer today for $250! I was soo excited! I finally would be able to get ride of my Troy-built multi tool! I hated that thing!!! And I bought the U-Turn head for my Echo trimmer as well! Imagine how excited a new guy like my self was!!

Well....what goes up must come down. The trimmer started up on the first pull, and i went to throttle it....blades didnt budge. :confused:
    So i started tinkering, pulled the drive shaft out, checked the grease, and put it all back together, and it worked!!...for 2 min :cry:
    so that killed an hour of my day...

The U-turn...less head aches? :dizzy: NO!!! ya sure easy to load, minus the fact it likes to swallow the line then you have to take it apart and string it like the original head! What crap!

Sorry Echo fans, I have no love for Echo today, maybe tomorow when they give me a new hedger, and give me my money back for U-turn:hammerhead:

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Shoulda went with an HS 81 T and as for the head, go get a Shindaiwa speed feed. Hope your luck turns around.

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a SHC-212 at my part time job. It works great but it is too short for me.

As for the U-Turn, I never really understood that. I have a rapid loader head on my SRM-210 and love it. But, I'm going orange anyways so it dosen't matter.

Good Luck.

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

that sucks that it wasted so much time

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

serves you right for buying crap at home depot. if you had bought from a dealer -you wouldnt have this problem except you are still buying echo which is crap -no matter how you slice it

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The bolts that hold the 2 blades together. Loosen them VERY slightly.

7. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

no, you're crap

8. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Me toooooo!! When the Echo's die, I replace with Orange!!!!!!!!!!!

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Both of those are excellent tools.....take some time and learn how stuff works and you will be happy with them. On the Uturn I don't know how much simpler they can get:dizzy:

10. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I had the same problem with a new PAS articulated hedge clipper. The clipper might do okay for five minutes and then lock up. Loosening the bolts slightly solved the problem.