No low volume nozzles PG magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this possible? Would like to be able to spray products that need to get through thatch layer and down to the soil. Any thoughts?
    -Jay

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

not gonna happen with a pg

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Jay,
    Weed control should work fine at low volume. Did you mean you wanted high volume to apply insecticide? Surface insects no problem. But Merit for grubs--I wouldn't. IMO too much would dry on the surface in the upper blades of grass.

4. Shades of Green LService

Yes, I'm talking about Insecticides, promarily- grubs. iwould like to try Liquid allectus this year. I used the granular form in the past and liked it. Speaking of surface feeding insects, what have you sprayed through the PG - Carbaryl, bifenthrin, permethrin etc...thanks.
    -Jay

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Jay,
    Myself I have not sprayed any insecticides with my Permagreen Ultra.
    John

6. Shades of Green LService

I'm gonna try spraying sevin for the houses that signed up for insect treatments. I'll let you know how it goes. I did spray liquid iron on my house and a test plot. so far, so good.
    -Jay

7. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Jay,

I spray Bifenthrin through the PG for surface feeders....Works well.

I would stick with the Gran. products of Allectus,Mach II, Merit and Sevin.

You need a lot more H2O to get product down to thatch layer, than 1 Qt per 1000. I know it's possable, as long as the label says OK with that low vol. of H20, if watered in right after app, but that can in itself be more of a chore to get clients with irrigation, to water as soon as your done. I would stick to Gran.

Pete D.

8. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Jay,

Seven is a Contact poison, and if you apply with PG you will be dissapointed, unless H2O is PH Lowered, and watered in quickly.

Bifenthrin is a better choice, as there is a "chemical fog" effect with this product.

Just some words of experiance.

One more thing......I sooooo miss Dursban!

Pete D

9. Shades of Green LService

Good advise pete, Thanks
    -Jay